After living in Japan for three years, I love all foods Asian. It’s the number one thing I miss about living in Asia. And while the Japanese are pretty healthy as a culture, some of my favorite foods aren’t. This salad is a great way for me to get my Asia fix with out sacrificing taste!
21 Day Fix Asian Salad (Serves 1)
Container Checklist: 2 green, 1/2 purple, 1 orange
- 1 1/4 cup organic butter lettuce
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- 1 Tbsp mixed seeds (pumpkin and sunflower)
- 1 Tbsp homemade Asian Vinaigrette (recipe posted below).
Toss first five ingredients then drizzle with vinaigrette. It’s kind of any ugly salad, it’s mostly green, but it sure is tasty!
Asian Vinaigrette (Serves 6)
- 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger,peeled & finely grated
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
Combine orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and ginger in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend. Slowly add oil while whisking, mix well. Store in refrigerator, covered. If it thickens when cold, hold it at room temp for 30 minutes and shake well before using.